Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nothing says Valentine's Day like a blog post

Jumping from post to post across a lake brimming with a dangerous and/or unpleasant substance is the assignment I've chosen next. Although I'll have to leave the lake up to the imagination.

I'm trying to figure out which workflow works best for me. I've left my blocking in Grease Pencil mode this week. It's extremely easy to make large changes this way.

I've come fresh out of my last assignment in which I had maintained (against all professional advice) the motto of "just go with it, plans, schmans." Now for this assignment, I've made a leap to "enough planning already, throw in the real character, for cryin' out loud, Pete's sake." If there's one thing that Anna Korina has taught me, it's the delicate art of patience. You see, an animator must have the patience of a basement scientist (evil or otherwise)... Chip, chip, chip away at progress, but keep you eye on the pie. Now replace "pie" with "ultimate, fluid, life-like movement with which a mass audience can relate" and you'll get my point.

2 Comments:

Blogger kenny r said...

Hey El. Good idea on the assignment. Is this the Stewie NoArms one? Man I think they've changed things since we did these assignments--you have choices now?

I thought your opening line was gonna end with "...a dangerous and/or unpleasant aligator"!

Since he has no arms (maybe the aligators already got 'im once), it's gonna be especially hard for him to balance. My bet is he doesn't make it all the way across!

Looks good so far, but I bet you have something newer in your w/s on campus. I'll check there when I get a sec!
-k

7:11 PM  
Blogger anthea said...

lauren..what giveth..why no more posting?

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home