Thursday, January 12, 2006

Michelle Meeker, Week 1, Term 2

Michelle Meeker shall be my mentor for this term entitled "Body Mechanics." We had a nice 1st Question and Answer session last night. I seem to have a bunch of really cool new classmates from all over the world: Malaysia, India, London, Denmark, France, Seattle and California. (and 3 out of 15 of us are from San Diego!) Michelle is an energetic yet relaxed, easy to talk to person who has traveled and worked all over the world. She's worked at (including, but not limited to) Pixar, PDI, and Weta in New Zealand. Also, you know when you go to the movies and before the movie they play that sound system logo animation where a rotund little man shakes a cow moooo-maker? Then the sound plays and you feel like you're amongst a heard of cattle on the range? Yes, she animated all of that too. She worked on Tree-Beard on Lord of the Rings and so, so, yes so much more! I think that this is going to be a great term. (**I've included an image of serenity to compliment this post, so please, feel free to go ahead and enjoy.* *)

3 Comments:

Blogger albert said...

I suddenly find myself so at peace...

12:20 PM  
Blogger anthea said...

whoa, 2 female mentors in a row!! i'm so jealous!

5:01 PM  
Blogger anim_ziggy said...

Hey Lauren,

Michell is a fantastic mentor I'm sure you'll learn loads from her. I sure did!
-I.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home