Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Tailor

Our assignment was to animate this little ball with a tail to practice another very important principle of animation: "overlap" and successive breaking of joints, follow through, ect. I love the way these concepts work to give the animation such a smooth, life-like quality. Although, I haven't yet been able to get this quite right, I'll keep revising for as long as it takes. Poor Bret, she may get a tad tired of seeing my tailors. I love animation!

OK, before you view this, just know this: I put a lot of time and love into bringing this lil guy to life,, and although Tailor may seem a tad unstable, (as well as his pursuer), he has a heart of solid gold.


After a great critique from Bret, I did a few revisions, just focusing on the overlapping of the tail. I'd say they're better, but still need much MUCH work, so I can't wait to get another crit from Bret and improve even more! Improvement is exciting and a great excuse to celebrate. See link below for 3 revision tests. Note: The second two tail tests feel as if the tail is a bit heavy. Next time, my friend. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home