Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This week's assignment: Hypnotize yourself.

As a little treat, AnimationMentor provided us with a little pendulum to animate in order to hypnotize yourself in the later hours of animation. It's not part of our assignment to animate the pendulum, however, it helps us understand the principle of "overlapping action" as well as "Successive breaking of Joints." (which it's too late and I'm too tired to explain at this point. On a side note, when I was watching this week's lecture on my lunch break at work over a microwaved veggie burrito and salsa, Darcita (name changed to protect identity), the office snorter, whom I love, looked over my shoulder to snoop. She read "Successive Breaking of Joints" in bold letters on my screen. She looked at me, started snorting, and said that she was sorry for snooping, and she didn't need to know. I tried to explain this fundamental principle of animation to her, but she just put her hands up to stop me, and snorted off, shaking her head the entire way around the corner. Come to think of it, as she sauntered off, her flappy hair exemplified the concepts of "overlapping action" as well as "follow through" and "wave action." OK, back to important matters, like my animating the pendulum. I'm feeling quite sardonic tonight, but I'll push on and post the pendi's. There's 3.
Now showing in reverse order of flexibility: Have I mentioned that this is the most awesome school I've ever been a part of? The pros outweigh the cons of not getting to sit in the same room with your classmates. (Which sometimes can also be a con, so there ya go.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,

I think your 'Darcita' friend has had successive bumps on the cranium. Ask her if she is a fan of Sandra Bullock, then cover your ears, shut your eyes and think happy thoughts.

The second pendulum is my favorite as it brings to mind the wagging of a cat's tail. Or, perhaps the rhythm of someone snorting.

Say hello to the 'R' man for me.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home