Monday, October 10, 2005

Bounce, Ball, Bounce!!!

Let's see, let's see. The assignment this week was to revise the first week's pose
(ie the water polo pose) based on Bret's comments. As I attempted to do this, I realized that it was quite harder than I thought, so I'm not entirely sure the revision I created is better than the original.

The other major assignment due for week 3 was to animate a bouncing ball with the weight of a basketball/soccer ball. Easy-squeezy you say? No. It is neither easy, nor squeezy to accomplish this task successfully. But try I did. And luckily we'll still get a shot at revision.

Take a gander at my FIRST BOUNCING BALL.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 1st revision of the pose is by FAR the best. To me it looks like a wrap around shot, the edited version looks more like a baseball player in water with his body lined up like that. The 1st pose it looks as though he is pushing against the water to stay up and put strength into his shot, while as you mentioned, the reason why the edited version seems of because there is no "push" to give with that stance you gave him. Good luck liefe!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks natural, Lauren. The dampening looks what I'd expect from a basketball, I can almost hear each bounce.

Now try deflating it and letting it plop as it drops.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Pochat said...

hey Lauren, turn the anonymous option off if you don't want spam on your comments!

Good bouncing ball dude! and you said your pretty new to animation? what's going to happen when you get acquainted with it? ;)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home