Monday, September 26, 2005

EPIC TIMES at AnimationMentor!


I finally started at AnimationMentor! I've just started the second week of the first quarter, and I must say, I simply LOVE it! AM is the best, most innovative school I've heard of, let alone been a part of.

My mentor for this quarter is Bret Parker! I can already tell she's going to be a great mentor. During our 1st Question and Answer session, I was very nervous to meet her, seeing how she's a celebrity and all. She's been at Pixar and worked on all the movies since "A Bug's Life!" Plus she animated and was the voice of Kari, the babysitter, from the Incredibles. Amazing.

I'm such a dork! You see, to me, professional animators are celebrities. All of the mentors at AM are professional animators. I am a dork who gets star-struck. I place them on a pedestal so high, it could only be CG. I need to remember: Professional animators are people too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Ask Bret if she did a fish's voice
in Finding Nemo too!
"My gosh Nemo's out in open sea!"

Welcome to animationMentor,
you're going to love it.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Winkler Family said...

Haha! Thanks for the tip Brad, I'll ask her!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home